Sunday, September 5, 2010

Media Fast

I chose Saturday September 3rd for my media fast. I picked this day because I had to work and I wouldn’t really have time to do anything else so it would be easy to not watch TV or listen to the radio since that is all I really have time to do.

I had to use my phone as an alarm clock, which happened around 9:30 am. I didn’t listen to the radio while I got ready for work and that practically ruined my shower. Thanks media fast. I swear my hair comes out much better when I get to listen to music while straightening it, but that is beside the point. I didn’t listen to the radio on the way to work, which made my 40 minute drive almost impossible. I smoked twice as much as I normally do while driving to work as a direct result of the bad hair and awkward car ride induced by this fast. (Just saying) While I was at work I did continue with my regular texting and calling activities but I only talked to my fiancé. Sorry media fast, but I can’t fast out my man. I didn’t talk to anyone else though, so I did greatly reduce the number of texts that I normally engage in. When I got off work I went home and read before going to sleep. I usually read before bed so this wasn’t any difference. I didn’t mention it in my media log because it’s not media. The only reason I didn’t watch TV on Saturday night was because for some reason I was completely exhausted.

1) What day did you choose to do the fast and why?
I chose to do my fast the day after my log because it seemed easiest. I picked a day I was working so the fast would be easy to do, when I’m at work I can’t watch TV. But if I could, it would be the best job ever.

2) What did you do instead?
If I hadn’t been tired on Saturday night I probably would have read a book instead of watching TV.

3) Any cheating? If so, what were the circumstances?
The only way I cheated was my refusal to not text my fiancé. I can fast from media, but not from him. We literally constantly call or text each other.

4) What was hardest to give up?
It was hard to not text other people that I usually text. I usually text my friends and my sister throughout the day and I didn’t text them on Saturday and it made me miss talking to them.
It also really sucked getting ready without listening to music because that is one of my favorite things to do. I had to make up songs in the shower and my hair came out all wrong. It was really lame.

5) How did the e-fast make you feel?
It made me realize how much I rely on my phone to talk to the ones that I love and at the end of the day I was sad that I didn’t get to talk to them Saturday. We don’t talk to make plans we talk to check in on each other and it sucked going to bed without talking to my sister all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment