Sunday, September 12, 2010

deviance

people of walmart

The website I chose as a display of deviance is the 'People of Walmart' website. On this site, users share pictures, videos, and stories of strange people doing/wearing strange things while shopping at Walmart stores all across the country. My favorite feature of this website is the state button, I love to see how many crazies are in Virginia. I would classify this site as being entertaining, informational, and also a users forum for people to come together and share the crazy stuff they have seen at Walmart. On the website you can upload pictures, write personal stories, watch videos, comment on all the previously mentioned features, join the website (free), interact with other users, and there are also links to other websites about random funny things. Considering what I have seen on this site, I would agree that this site is devoted to deviance and most, if not all, of the content on this website exhibits deviance. From pictures of men dressed as female prostitutes to people wearing clothes with profanity written on it... need I say more?

2 comments:

  1. Love that site! You should have posted a deviant picture...not sure Grandma on a cart qualifies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was more the fact that she was dragging a child that was deviant.

    ReplyDelete